Monday, December 10, 2007

Aesthetics

The other day, my wife told me she was jealous that I "had the time" to work out every day. I MAKE the time by building my workouts into my schedule and by not allowing them to be squeezed out. It all comes from a belief that maintaining and improving my health is of critical importance. If you only tie an exercise and eating program into how you look aesthetically, you can easily end up feeling guilty about putting vanity before more important things in your life...and so will those people around you. Besides, as we age, those aesthetics will change for the worse as nature runs it's course. It is only when you realize and believe that healthy living is a necessity that it becomes much easier to maintain and stick with. And go figure...the aesthetics follow anyway!

3 comments:

WpgGirl said...

My husband tells me how he doesn't "have the time" to workout. B-Crap! I have the time because I make the time. I actually don't know what my "life" would look like without exercise - I can't fathom it. I will exercise until I die. Maybe I'll die exercising :) Anyways, I 100% agree with you.

Kelly said...

I agree, im lucky as i am a stay home mum so i can just go to the gym after the kids are taken to school, but i still have to schedule it into my day, i will leave other less important things for another day so that i get it in.

My other half goes in his lunch hour, if he didnt make that time then, he would not get to the gym.

We also both make time every evening to take a walk as a family, it is great catch up time.

Katie said...

Well said.