Thursday, March 26, 2009

Enjoy your workout!

Every day I go into the gym, the person at the desk says that to me.

"Enjoy your workout."

Today was running day. I most definitely did NOT enjoy my workout. In fact, I rarely do. I mean...I enjoy the sense of accomplishment of bettering my time or volume or raising the weight I'm using. I enjoy the knowledge that I pushed myself through a hard set of squats or deads, or pushed myself through a wall on a metcon workout.

But I really don't enjoy it when I'm going through the hell I put myself through. I assure you....If I did, I'd be doing it wrong.

Today's workout:

I did my own spin on the main site WOD.

After a warmup jog, I ran eight 400m sprints separated by one and a half-two minutes of walking at four mph. Man...did that suck!

I haven't done much running since early November, so I have a way to go to get back to where I was. It was a start, anyway.

No comments: