Monday, May 11, 2009

Strength Day

Squat 3x5 Working sets
Weighted Overhead Squat 1x9
Bench press 3x5 Working sets
Chins-kipping 3 sets to failure
Overhead Press 3x5 Working sets
Dips: 3 sets to failure weighted with 25lb dumbbell

I raised weight on the bench, but I did miss a rep on my second and third sets, which I made up after a brief rest. I knew last Thursday that I was ready to go up in weight...but it didn't show today. Perhaps my eating the past three days affected me more than I thought it would. Not that my eating was all that bad. I just ate too little, or should I say too infrequently. It may be time to roll back the weight 10-15% on the squats and work back up again, raising the weight each week. I've been struggling and stuck at this weight for a couple weeks right now. It isn't a race...I can take my time and take a step back so I can move forward. Well...I'll wait until Friday and see what happens then. If I still struggle, I'll roll back.

1 comment:

Fitness Chick said...

Helloo!

Yes the timer works great for tabatas, no watching a stopwatch, just wait for the beep. Best $20 Ive spent for a while. It works really well for the crossfit type workouts too.

You are doing great, I would do as you say drop the weight and work up again. You know what you ate/didnt eat really affects your workouts. What you eat today is what your body will be using tomorrow !