Thursday, June 4, 2009

Rest day rambling

I'm in need of finding a bunch of primal eating/paleo recipes. I really want to greatly reduce the amount of grains that I'm eating, and I'm having a tough time figuring out how to assemble complete meals without them. The damned things are such an insidious part of our diets it's ridiculous. I'm confident that I'll be able to easily shave 15 pounds of fat off my body in no time if I stop eating that crap. It looks like I have some homework to do, huh? Fuck yes. I need to give myself an ass spanking and get my nutrition righted. Enough is enough!

Rest day today. I've hit my workouts hard this week. My calve is a bite sore, but in the DOMS way, not the pulled muscle way. That's fine. I'll do the walk home again tonight like I did last week. I think the second day off each week will do me good.

I've been happy with the way my strength is progressing for the most part. That being said, I am bit impatient. Until I hit certain strength levels, I don't want to revert to Crossfit only workouts. I want to do both, but that just isn't realistic....so I'll keep on going with the strength workouts and the metcon as I'm doing it until I've reached my strength goals.

No comments: