Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Running day

My running was in two parts today. First, I ran 2 miles in a little under 18 minutes, which is a miserable pace for me. That being said, I was able to run pain free, so that is progress. After that, I alternated 1 minute sprints with 1 minute of walking, going approximately 1.2 miles. Running a relatively steady pace is strange to me. I've been running intervals for the past three years, even when I run a 5k. It makes the run seem as if it goes on forever when I'm running steady pace. I'm looking forward to receiving the heart rate monitor. At a minimum, it will keep my mind occupied a bit during steady pace runs, at least for a while. I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to improve my running pretty quickly, and the monitor will help me get there. I'm still planning on hitting some sprints at the end of every jog. They work far too well for me to give them up.

No comments: