Monday, May 19, 2008

Back in the saddle again

After a ten day layoff, I got back into the gym today for some upper body work. I expected to feel weak, but my body surprised me. I felt strong, and although it was a short workout to get started again, I pushed some heavy weight. I guess taking a week of rest once in a while really does make some sense. Of course, that doesn't excuse eating like a slob, which is pretty much what I did on vacation. I'm not overly bothered by it, except for the couple of times that I indulged in a treat that just wasn't very good. If I'm going to eat something I shouldn't, I damned well want it to be sinfully enjoyable. If it isn't, why bother?

This will be "light" week for me, and next week I'll push hard again.

2 comments:

WpgGirl said...

Hey Bob!

Good to have you back again!

Brian said...

Welcome back!

I've done the same thing on vacation before - I go to a buffet or something, load up my plate with something that looks good, only to find out it doesn't taste all that great - then eat it all anyway.