Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Planning continued

I had a LBWO today, consisting of squats, deadlifts, Stiff leg deadlifts and step ups onto a bench. I did some standing calve raises too. At the end of the workout, I tried doing some overhead squats. I've been having a very tough time with these. While they do seem to give me a stretch in the wonky shoulder, they are very difficult for me. I have a tough time keeping my balance doing these. I'm only using the bar, so it is possible that there is too little weight for proper balance. I need to do some research or proper technique for OH Squats.

That brings me to my point today. When I return from vacation, I want to spend a month doing my normal workouts, but I want to spend some time in each workout specifically working on some of the CF/Olympic lifts. I want to get the form down, so that I can feel comfortable moving onto my next training phase.

I'm thinking of following a strength training CF program. The way the program works is that I would follow the three day on, one day off CF routine. On the second day of each three day cycle, I will do strength training instead of the WOD. That will give me two weight lifting days each week, and four WOD days. I need to think a bit more about scheduling and how I would be able to work this out. I'll probably do the WOD one or two weeks behind the main site, so I can alter things if needed. For example, if it's lifting day today and tomorrow's WOD is max effort squats, I won't do them today. I think I'll like this.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That sounds like an awesome plan.

I really like the idea of being a bit behind the website, i hate it when i go to a class and find that the WOD is similar either the day before or the day after, this way you will know exactly what you are doing.

Kelly said...

I know that you are going on vacation, just to say have a brill time!