Monday, March 31, 2008

Perfect blend today

By the way, I did my half hour of power on Saturday, and even added on minute of situps. Honestly, I felt like the one minute rest was too much. I've done filthy fifties where the only rest you get was gasping for air until you could actually do something more. As soon as I started getting winded, I had a minute to rest. Next time I'll try with 30 seconds rest and see how that goes. I'll run longer at the end to make it a half hour.


Today's workout was a perfect blend of BFL and Crossfit. It was upper body day, so I did my chest routine first. For back and shoulders, I did the Crossfit WOD:

She is named Fran, and she seems easy...but she is one nasty bitch.

21-15-9 reps for time of:
95lb Thrusters
Pullups

My time was a lousy 9:22.

This is where the BFL workout hurts me, and why I'm adding Crossfit stuff. The total body cardio you get with Crossfit far surpasses anything BFL throws at me. I was gasping for air on the thrusters. My legs and shoulders had it in them, but I had to stop for air. BFL also isn't about speed, as Crossfit is. Anyway, I have a baseline for Fran now.

I finished up my workout with a few sets of heavy dumbbell curls and weighted dips. Then I tacked on some Cable flys and pullups for good measure.

I did some work around the house the other day. Since I've been focusing on heavy, compound movements, lifting and moving some heavy stuff around the house was an eye opening experience. Things that I used to perceive as being a bit heavy were ridiculously light to me. Funny how being in shape actually helps you live every day. Go figure.

1 comment:

WpgGirl said...

I think I need to check out this Crossfit - but it scares me and I have a hard time de-coding what you are actually doing! lol

Being in good shape is a great feeling isn't it!