Thursday, March 20, 2008

UBWO and then some

RunI did my UBWO today instead of tomorrow. I was very please with my performance, especially considering my body has been flirting with a bit of a cold that caused me to skip my run on Tuesday. I had something left in the tank, so I decided to do the Crossfit WOD. It was:

Four rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
Rest 2 minutes

This is the first time I've done this one, so I wasn't really sure of the pacing. Anyway, my time went like this:

1:40
1:30
1:30
1:18
Total time 11:58

Ran on a treadmill at a 1.0 incline.

This is a workout best done outside. I was nowhere near as wiped out as I should have been. The treadmill kept on displaying a message that it couldn't attain desired speed. No shit, I mumbled to the damned thing. Treadmills are not built for sprints. If I ever do it again on one, I'll crank up the incline and see if I can match my time. I want to feel like I've got nothing left when I'm done, or I'm not satisfied.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I know what you mean, the teadmill isnt good for crossfit w/o.

Your times were good though.

I love the fact that in 12 minutes the w/o is done.

Anonymous said...

I was so frustrated that thing wasn't going faster. I kept on running into the bar in the front of the treadmill as I was trying to see if it would speed up! I wish I could have seen my times if I did it on a track. Next time, I guess!

WpgGirl said...

12 minutes...now that's a good workout!!!

I can't wait to get outside and try some running outdoors...even fast walking....I'm going a little stir crazy inside.

Katie said...

Where's the blog about portion control? :) Give me some advice, fella!