Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cardio day mixed with abs

Today, I decided to repeat a CF workout I did in March. It was:

Four rounds for time:
Run 400 meters
Rest 2 minutes


1:38
1:33
1:28
1:28
Total time 12:07

Ran on a treadmill at a 1.0 incline.

My total time in March was 11:58. To be fair, the gym has new treadmills that take far too long to get up to the speed you set. This easily cost me quite a bit more than the nine seconds I fell short of my previous time. Still, I don't like seeing time go backwards.

I also ran a moderate half mile before and after the 400m runs, and finished off with four sets of situps/bicycles.

Oh... my quads, hammys, and especially glutes are protesting yesterdays workout. I know I did good!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

This is a great workout.

Running on the treadmill is a nightmare while you wait for it to speed up.

You should look for a running track near you. I ran today on the track in my gym, it is only 120m long so it is also hard to get your speed up, plus you have to dodge the other users.