Thursday, June 19, 2008

Going backwards

I seem to be losing ground on my running lately. I don't know if it's the extra weight from vacation, or if it's doing sprints instead of 5k runs. I seem to be having some trouble maintaining speed on my longer runs. I'm doing fine on the 400 and 800m sprints, but when I try to run 2.5 miles and up, I struggle to keep going. Maybe I need to do the sprints in addition to the 5k runs, not instead of. Maybe I need to rid my body of about ten pounds of fat. Maybe I should stop making excuses and just push the hell out of myself. I have to admit I'm a bit concerned about moving to CF and not regularly running a 5k.

Anyway, I pushed through it, but I'm not pleased.

1 comment:

Brian said...

One thing you might consider is just adding a 5K to a CrossFit WOD that is really short strength-based.

For example, on a WOD that is just 5-10 minutes long or 7 sets of 1 rep deadlifts I'll hop on the treadmill and bust out a 5K.