Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cardio and ab day

I decided to run a 5K today. For a twist, I didn't run it in the HIIT format. Instead, I ran it at a constant pace with a target of finishing in 21:30, which would have shattered my previous record. I wanted to speed up for the last minute only. I ended up slowing down three times for a minute at a time. At one point, I paused the treadmill so I could retie my shoe. I ended up with a 22:10 time, five seconds faster than my PR. I won't call it a PR though, because of the pause for shoe tying. I will say it was very hot in teh gym today. Maybe I was being a wuss for not pushing myself hard enough?

I know a couple of runners who I may be able to ask for suggestions on the best way to get faster times. I was spent at the end of it, and had to force myself to hit my abs. I did, and I'm glad.

No comments: