Thursday, April 3, 2008

Inherited memory?

Why is it that brewing coffee in the morning just smells so good and makes you feel good...almost nostalgic. I had a fine childhood, but nothing in particular linked to the smell of brew going...other than the fact it was brewed every morning. Even people that don't drink coffee often enjoy the smell of it brewing.

Throughout history, knowledge has been passed down from generation to generation via stories-sometimes written, sometimes spoken, sometimes in pictures. Maybe there is a passing down of a story using the olfactory senses when it comes to coffee. Maybe I think too much.

I'm running a 5k today and hitting my abs. If I hit a PR, I'll update it oout in the margins.

EDIT-NEW PERSONAL RECORD!!

Oh...and Mr. Pukie tried to make an appearance. I pushed him away just before he said hello. Good day! http://www.crossfit.com/journal/images/pukie.jpg

2 comments:

Kelly said...

OMG Bob, you shaved a good amount off your time!!

You didnt quite earn the pukie badge, maybe next time! lol

WpgGirl said...

Great job on the time!!!

I love the pukie feeling :)