Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Legs

I've been doing one full LBWO each week, and one lighter, higher rep one on the weekend. Of course, I also do my running three times a week. I'm working a full range of motion in my squats. My goal is to increase my squat weight by at least 100 lbs in a year, and then work on another 100 pounds. I may move along quicker than that, but that remains to be seen.

I got a laugh at the gym. While I was busy doing my ass to the grass squats today with a fairly moderate weight, there was some guy next to me "squatting" 315 lbs. Okay, that's not a huge amount, but it's enough. I'd say he went down around six to eight inches, and then came back up. People really, really need to check their ego at the door. It is completely pointless to do this exercise with such a limited range of motion. Yu're not at the gym to impress anybody. You're there to make progress....and you ain't gonna do it working six inch squats!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Love it !! Think of them as people who keep us amused while we work out !!

You are the one who will have killer strong legs!

BTW i was thinking that about the gal teaching crossfit, im always on their site looking up exercises before i attemt them, in fact i would say that i am addicted to it !! haha i knew more about crossfit than her. I think that i was just spolit in Calgary as the guy who own that affiliation won the 2007 games !! I will be going back to then, it was just my kids had to come 1st with their sports and none of the times they offered fit in.

Have you ever thought of taking the level 1 certification? I am at the moment, but i dont think i can do it till early next year, i have 3 big trips planned this year already.

sorry for the essay!

Anonymous said...

I've toyed with it a bit. I may do it if I can get myself over to CF closer to 100%. I need to tighten up my form on some things too.

I wish my local affiliate would hurry up and get new space with a locker room and showers. Then I can think about signing up. As much as I can do CF on my own, there is something about doing it in a group setting that pushes you that much harder.