Friday, September 12, 2008

Getting back to basics

It seems I've gone out on a strange tangent here on the blog. When I originally created it, it was so I could track and tag my workouts in a way that would allow me to more easily track my progress. I keep a paper workout log too, but that doesn't lend itself to, for instance, finding your last or best Michael time. It is more for tracking progress from workout to workout.

I've had blogs before, and have developed friendships along the way. Blogs can sew people all around the world together into communities of common interests and encouragement. It was one of the things that attracted me to the tracker site. Of course, for a variety of reasons that I've already written about, I'm not really interested in that one anymore.

Being part of a community requires time and effort. In all honesty, I spend time writing a bunch of stuff that is viewed regularly by about maybe five people. The way you get more readers and build a community is to branch out, read and touch other people. I don't really have the time or interest in doing all that, so I stick to a small handful of people that I read on a regular basis. So I find myself writing to the same few people every day. Out of those people, several belong to a CF affiliate, so they already HAVE that community.

Okay...so what's my point?

I'm getting back to basics here. I'll be using the blog to write about my performance, diet, and mental state as it relates to my health and fitness goals. I'm thinking about taking the blog private as well, but I'm a bit concerned about doing that. While we are all accountable to ourselves, it does help to have some other eyeballs on you as well. As stupid as it sounds, I don't like having to write the words

I missed my workout

or

I ate like crap

for others to see. I don't know. I'll have to think about it.

Strength day today. I'm psyched.

No comments: