Thursday, September 11, 2008

Working rest day

I really wanted to perform one of the Hero WODs today, and had settled in my mind that I would go with Michael. Despite legs that are as stiff and sore as they have been in ages, I got onto the treadmill for a brisk walk to try to loosen up. The walk turned into a jog, and after five minutes I knew I should stop. If it was the legs, I would have...perhaps foolishly...pushed on. What stopped me was this damned foot pain. I've had this before, and there is only one thing that makes it go away. I need to stop running for a bit. I've tried working through it, and it only gets worse.

The rowers were both being used, so I jumped onto a lifecycle for 25 minutes of interval training. It's not as demanding as running or many of the WODS, so it was kind of a working rest day. Yeah, yeah. Once in a while, I like doing the bike. I'll have to figure out a non-running metcon workout for Saturday.

Fasting day today...though I'm thinking maybe I should eat something. I've hit it pretty hard this week. I'll see.

1 comment:

Diarist said...

heh..I opted for Michael too.

The whole running backwards thing is just too silly to do in Wigan!