Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A grumble and a smile

I started today's workout intending to run a 5k at about a 7:15 pace. After starting, I decided to settle on a 7:30 pace, which had me right there at the edge of too fast/just fast enough. I ended up stopping at the 1.5 mile mark, because the arch of my left foot was hurting. It's been hurting since I ran one day last week, and I aggravated it a bit again on Sunday. I need to make sure I only run in the proper shoes. When I use the wrong ones, my feet end up hurting.

Anyway, I switched to a 2k row, and finished it in 8:03. Once again, I had trouble with the straps. I stopped twice to reattach them, and the third time I just let it go. I think I could have ended up with at least a 7:30 if they didn't screw me up again. Next time I row, I want to make sure the straps are connected in a way that won't allow them to slip. Or I'll bring duct tape. Or something.

I'm fasting again today. I'll not discuss the eating that went on this weekend, other than to say it would NOT qualify as low carb. At all.

2 comments:

Diarist said...

Tell me about your rowing.

What machine do you use?

What resistance do you set it at?

Whats your stroke rate?

If you don't mind that is.

Anonymous said...

I use a Concept 2 rower. The rest? I don't know. I set a 2k program and just go!