Friday, July 11, 2008

I got my workout in early today

I did an upper body strength workout today. My work was quick and efficient. Even though I've been moaning about pullups, I did them anyway. Actually, I did five rounds of ten rep sets. I start with a wide grip, do one pullup, move my hands in one hand width, do another, move my hands in again, do another, and keep going until my hands are together. Then I reverse grip and do a chin starting with my hands together, and move out one hand width each rep until failure. I like the way these sets hit my back and biceps from all different angles. I did some wide and close grip pulldowns for some extra work. I feel good.

5 comments:

Diarist said...

Funny how we grow to love pull ups!

I hated them when I was doing regular bozo ahem..sorry regular gym work. I could barely manage one.

Anonymous said...

I love them now, but I really think they've been wreaking havoc on my shoulders, biceps and forearms. I may be doing too many and not getting enough recovery time in. Pulling back is a tough thing to do.

Katie said...

Justa if you're feeling your pull-ups in your shoulders, that may be a sign that you need to work on opening your hips more during your kip so when you pull up you engage your lats more....just a thought... my thoughts aren't worth a whole lot... :P

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Honestly, I don't do a lot of kipping. I try to do strict pullups whenever possible. I think I just need a bit more recovery time between sessions, and maybe to drop 10-12 pounds or so.