Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What exactly WAS that?

I did an upper body strength workout today, and decided to follow it up with a 4 minute set of Tabata intervals. I chose to do burpees and something I found to be power cleans when I got to the office. I had to look them up to figure out what i did! I guess I really do need to work more on teh basic lifts, huh? I only used 95 lbs on them. I should have gone to 135, which I realized after I had started. No matter, though. I was gasping for air by the time I finished anyway. I really like finishing up a workout with a good Tabata jolt.

I didn't feel very strong today, and I struggled. Yesterday, I didn't eat very well, and ate too infrequently. No surprise that my performance suffered today, is it? Does that answer your question, Wigan? Yup. You are what you eat!

2 comments:

Diarist said...

I'm relying a lot of protein shakes right now!!

I'll look at my groceries when I get back from Spain in 2 weeks.

Powercleans are a fave exercise of mine, I love the snatch too. Pity about the name!

Katie said...

Nice work... way to keep it up!