Saturday, July 19, 2008

Tabata Sprints and other goodies

I woke up to a hot, fairly humid day and decided it was a perfect time to sandwich a set of Tabata sprints between two one mile runs. So that's just what I did. Damn. I actually feel like I'm making some progress with the sprinting. I'd like to get to a track so I can measure my progress in terms of speed at various points in time.

I also did fifty knees to elbows at the end of the workout. I haven't done them in a while in an effort to baby the shoulder. I learned two things:

1. They work the abs like crazy. My abs are sore as hell.

2. My shoulder hurts.

I'm buying some pvc pipe and plan on trying to loosen/stretch the shoulder twice a day. I need to get over this thing.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Shoulders are hard to get over in CF. Take it easy and use the pv. I think it will help.

Diarist said...

I'd second that Katie, the worst part of the anatomy to injure is the shoulder (at least for CF).

you must be crazy doing tabata sprints in-between your runs!!!