Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thoughts about food

I've adopted a CF lifestyle partly because I wanted that last push that would allow me to stop taking the small dosage of blood pressure medication that has been precsribed for me. A big part of this is diet in addition to the exercise. I came across this yesterday:

The 10 Best Foods You're Not Eating

Pomegranate juice

A popular drink for decades in the Middle East, pomegranate juice has become widely available only recently in the United States.

Why it's healthy: Israeli scientists discovered that men who downed just 2 ounces of pomegranate juice daily for a year decreased their systolic (top number) blood pressure by 21 percent and significantly improved bloodflow to their hearts. What's more, 4 ounces provides 50 percent of your daily vitamin C needs.

How to drink it: Try 100 percent pomegranate juice from Pom Wonderful. It contains no added sugars, and because it's so powerful, a small glassful is all you need.

Even though it's obvious, it really struck me that eating things you SHOULD eat is just as important as avoiding those things you shouldn't. That's a good thing to remember.

More later.

No comments: