Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Changed it up a bit today

I was toying with a 5k run, but decided to do a two part workout instead.

First, I rowed 2k in 8:24. The damned strap came off one of my feet at around the 1400m mark, so I had to struggle with that the rest of the way through. Long legs and long arms = rowing hell. Anyway, it was a good change. I'll have to do that more often.

Next, I did some intervals on the treadmill at a 1.0 incline. They went like this:

Walk 4 mph 1 minute
Run 6 mph 1 minute
Run 8 mph 1 minute
Run 6 mph 1 minute
Run 9 mph 1 minute
Run 6 mph 1 minute
Run 10 mph 1 minute
Run 6 mph 1 minute
Run 11 mph 1 minute
Run 6 mph 2 minutes
Walk 4 mph 1 minute

I was going to do the 12 mph interval, but wanted to keep teh total time to about twenty minutes. Next time.

2 comments:

Diarist said...

Changing things up is key in crossfit I guess.

Good job on the rowing, I hate it when the strap comes off, I've been there.

Its hard to use an MP3 player on those things too, mine went flying across the gym last week.

I'm taking a rest day today, I'm exhausted to say the least.

Kelly said...

You know how to give yourself a gruesome workout!!!