Thursday, August 21, 2008

Strong workout

I'm working my way back slowly, so I was able to work both upper and lower body today. My workout featured five sets each of bench press, pullups and overhead presses, four sets of squats, three sets of deadlifts, three sets of step ups onto a bench, three sets of dips...and yeah...three light sets of dumbbell curls. I know....but they seem to help that soreness I have in my forearms, so I do them once in a while.

I'm finalizing my plan for the beginning of September. I'll be combining a strength program with Crossfit, with the objective to be 100% Crossfit within six months.


I had a thought today while I was thinking about nutrition. Our thinking is completely backwards from how it should be. When making nutrition choices, we think in terms of how much of the foods we love to eat we're willing to sacrifice in order to maintain or improve our health and fitness. Shouldn't we really think in terms of how much of our health, fitness, and longevity we're willing to sacrifice by eating the foods we love to eat? It sounds like the same thing, but it really isn't at all.

No comments: