Monday, August 25, 2008

I got what I deserved

Today was an upper body strength day. I duplicated last Monday's workout, but added weight to every set. I'm working my way back up to where I was...slowly. I don't want to jinx myself, but the shoulder has been great. I have avoided kips and knees to elbows to limit the strain on my shoulders. I miss K2Es. I'll start them up slowly soon.

At the end of my workout, I decided to do a 4 minute set of Tabata Squats. I finished with 105, which is more than the 93 I did on June 18th, but two fewer than the 107 I did on July 9th. I got what I deserved. Since the squats were a spur of the moment decision, I didn't have a record of my last performance with me. I was certain I hit a record, so I slowed down. Why? Why would I? Why would I leave anything on the table, PR or not? Lesson learned the hard way.

Today is a fasting day again. I feel completely fine, and had no adverse effects during my workout. This thing may actually work!

No comments: