Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Runnishment

I had the fun of taking my kids and myself to the dentist this morning. I was scolded for the length of time since my last visit, and for not flossing often enough or well enough. Now she wants me to come back every three months.

I decided to give myself a consequence for a less than stellar appointment. I call it runnishment. Yes. I'm kinda copying funnishment. What can i say. Sue me. Anyway, I need to train myself to run at a faster pace for a longer distance. I used this workout a couple of weeks ago, and liked it. Well...you know what I mean by like it. Not like-like it. Well anyway...I did it again today, and I was smoked...and happy...at the end of the workout.

Warmup jog 6mph 2 minutes

Run 800m @ 8.5 mph
walk 2 minutes @ 4mph
Run 400m @ 10.5 mph
walk 2 minutes @ 4mph
Run 800m @ 9.0 mph
walk 2 minutes @ 4mph
Run 400m @ 11.5 mph
walk 2 minutes @ 4mph
Run 800m @ 9.5 mph
walk 2 minutes @ 4mph
Run 400m @ 12.0 mph
walk 2 minutes @ 4mph
Run 2 minutes 7mph
walk 1 minute 4mph


All runs were done at a 1.0 incline

I was tired and felt a little drained and irritable last evening before dinner. I think the fasting may take a little bit of adjusting to. If 24 hours ends up being too much, I can cut it back 4-6 hours and probably still get teh same benefits anyway.

3 comments:

Diarist said...

Exercise as punishment?

I LOVE exercise, far better that I would starve rather than punish myself with something I love.

I'm going to try/do your workout tomorrow!

Katie said...

Runnishment?! Hahahaha... I love it! :) Big Brother Gar has taken to calling Funishment our Extra Value Meal. Either way... kicks your backside and gets the job done. Nice work! :)

WpgGirl said...

Runnishment....that's awesome.

I'm still jealous of your running....ah well....I'll run with you in spirit! lol

have a great day!