Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I lied

I didn't double up today. I did my strength training and some situps and bicycles. I figured I shouldn't push it on the first day I'm trying fasting. I feel a lot better after working out. Maybe I'll walk home from work later if the weather holds.

Other "IF" thoughts:

In addition to standing for intermittent fasting, it may also stand for intermittent flatulence. That isn't a problem if you're alone, but when it occurs lying on an ab mat between two other people, it can be a bit embarrassing. Pretty much all you can do is laugh...which if you do it hard enough, is a great ab workout. I had a great ab workout today, thank you.

When I do the fasting, I'll go in eighteen-twenty four hour intervals, mostly dinner to dinner. That will be easier to manage than breakfast to breakfast, and it will be easier to not disrupt the rest of the family's eating.

It struck me that IF will actually save me money too. My grocery bills are a bit ridiculous.

1 comment:

Diarist said...

Fasting? I tried it once at school!

The nutrition side is just so much harder than the exercise part.

I don't like cooking, I don't like spending cash on food and I'm too much of a bozo to plan my meals ahead of me. I end up drinking milky protein shakes as a replacement during the day.

All the more reason to put the lottery on this week I suppose.