Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Today I discovered

that running with an extra 5-10 pounds on your body is hard...especially when your sinuses are a bit stuffy. I weighed myself for the first time in a while. 215 lbs. That's the first time in a long, long time I've weighed that much. I'm not going to panic. I know exactly why I've gained that much in a ten day period. I don't eat and drink like that all the time, so it will come off quickly.

Anyway, I ran a moderately paced 2.6 miles and did a little bit of ab work. Yes...I did sweat today. Quite a bit, in fact. This week and next wek will be fairly light weeks, and then I'll start turning up the heat.

I've been working on shoulder flexibility. It seems to be helping, as has the rest.

3 comments:

Diarist said...

I found my first session back a tough one today.

Too many siestas, well thats not strictly true, I had the rest I needed.

I read on the crossfit site that we missed the 15k run!!!

Seems like July is a good time to take a break!

Anonymous said...

That's one of the reasons I'm coming back slowly. I'll give myself a bit more of a chance to recover too.

15k? No thanks. I'm just not that into running to do that one. Blech.

Kelly said...

I agree, you need to baby the shoulder, rest plus stretching is the only way to get it right.