Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I need to do some reading

In my attempt to combine IF with a more Paleo friendly diet, I need to do some research. I don't intend to go to a 100% Paleo diet at all. For one thing, I'm not sure I want to eliminate all dairy products from my diet. Cottage cheese and Greek yogurt are staples of my diet, and I'd be hard pressed to replace them with something else. Although I will take most of my carbs from fruit and veggies, I will still eat some complex carbs. I'm not going to shy away from some pasta or brown rice or a baked potatoe or a bowl of oatmeal. What I will do is eat much less of these than I've eaten in the past. I really think people underestimate just how how much of this stuff they're really eating at a sitting.

I need to do a bit of homework in terms of fruits and veggies. If I try to maintain Zone like balances in terms of protein/carb/fat intake, I need to have a better understanding of how much of each I need to eat. I'd also like to try a bunch of different veggies too. I find that I limit myself to always eating the same 3 or 4 things, which gets pretty boring.

I've got some work to do.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Man, I am exactly where you are with the diet thing. I'm trying more and more to lean to fruits and veggies for my carbs, with the occasional sweet potato with dinner and oatmeal for breakfast.

My problem is definitely veggies. I can eat fruit all day - I love it. Vegetables are so much harder to prepare, plus they don't taste quite as good as an apple or banana.

I'm even fasting once a week, too.

Diarist said...

You certainly do have some reading to do!

What would early man eat instead of yogurt? Maybe their victims heads or something but that's going to prove difficult.